VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2011

From:
Charlotte Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:22:20 -0500
From: "Susan Greene Pawley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:52 AM
Subject: [VA-ROOTS] Green/Greene Surname Richmond circa 1850

Its been 15 years since I was able to find any scrap of info on my
family but finally found that GGGrandfather was named George H Green
and had wife Mary C Brown. George died of consumption May 1850,
Richmond VA, Henrico Co Western District.  Anyone have any idea
where I could possibly find where he may be buried??
Also, anyone have any idea how I could find out Who his parents were?

We believe that most of the children given on the 1850 census belong
to Mary via a prior marriage, but the last three, James, Charles ( my
GGrandfather) and George, were issue of George H. Green.

If by some fluke, someone is also researching this family, believe me
Im more than happy to share!!  Right now I would really appreciate
advise on how to trace back further on George H Green/Greene in VA.
Thanks in advance!!
Susan Pawley