VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2008

Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:10:40 -0400
By reversing the words, from 'high half' to 'half high'.
I wasn't sure if dyslexia pertained to just a word itself
or if it pertained to word phrases. When I did a Google
search using the phrase 'half high' along with sister &
brother, I only came up with stories of drunks and
the like. I had thought that this might have been a case
of  someone reversing the words. It seemed a simple
way to make sense of it  because 'half high' did at least
make some sense when talking in regards to a younger
sister. I had thought along the lines of what Paul Drake
explained but nothing along those lines of it being a
class issue turned up in any of my searches.

Blessings, Vicki in Virginia