VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Thelma Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thelma Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:32:39 -0500
Before the present discussion(??) on race and politics, Medelyn requested
opinions re the World Connect site. Several responses were directed to how
to contact the poster of info but none addressed the contents on that site.
Someone mentioned she has uploaded her info to this site and I have always
been interested in the reasons for people doing this.

The times I have looked at World Connect (or any other like site) for my
family names I have simply been amazed at the tales I read and the sources
listed (another person, another tree on World Connect, a surname forum, etc,
etc., but few or no chapters, songs or verses).  Why would anyone send
unverified information around the world?