VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:16:36 EDT
I have a copy of this book and would be willing to do look ups for you,
now I don't see your ancestor in this book,  here's what's in it.

Mitchell
Joshua son of Peter and Elizabeth Mitchel born feb 26 1718
Dan son of Peter and Elizabeth Mitchell born sept 26 1721
Jacob son of Thomas and  Hannah Mitchell
John son of Thomas and Ann Mitchell born may 26 1704
Mary daughter of Thomas and Barbra Mitchell born aug 18 1713
Frances daughter of Peter and Elizabeth mitchel born oct 28 1725
Addie D. of Henry and Sarah Mitchels born June 20 1743
Thomy Branch son of Reaps Mitchel and Susanna his wife born oct 20 1791
Tazewell son of  Thomas Mitchell & Rebecca his wife born Aug 16 1794

WELL THATS IT. I don't see your ancestor,
Good Luck,
Kristina

      Hello, fellow Va southsiders. I need help from someone who lives
  near Petersburg or Richmond.
      I have learned that there is a book titled "Births from the Bristol
  Parish Register of Henrico, Prince George, and Dinwiddie Counties,
  Virginia 1720 -1798" by Churchill Gibson Chanmberlayne, which is a
  research book found in the Virginia State Library and the Petersburg
  library. It is not for checking out, and cannot be accessed by
  interlibrary loand. I need a look-up in it. I am noit presently able to
  visit there myself.
      My ancestor, John Henry Mitchell was born in Petersburg, either in
  1745 or 1750. (I have found both dates in national databases.) I do not
  know (but want to find out) who his mother and farther were, and whom he
  married. They had one son that I know of -- Thomas Hardaway Mitchell,
  born in 1792 in Dinwiddie Co, VA. John Henry moved to Oglethorpe Co., GA
  somtime near 1800, and died there in 1806 Thomas Hardaway married
  Ruth(ie) Tillery in Oglethorpe Co. in 1814, and they  moved on to Walton
  Co., GA.  I also want to find who John Henry's ancestors were, and if
  there were other offspring of John Henry and his wife.