VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2010

From:
"Jones, Louise (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 11:21:36 -0400
Mr. Bennett,

I think the best way to solve this problem of descent form Pocahontas
would be for people who say they descend from her to have their DNA
checked.  They need to do the test that says what percentage of
European, Asian, and African DNA you have.

If you watched "Who Do You Think You Are" on NBC and Dr. Henry Louis
Gates series on PBS you heard them mention of this test.  Emmitt Smith
had it done as did the participants of Dr. Gates series. Emmitt Smith
results showed that he has European, African and Asian Ancestors.

If the people you who claim to descend from Pocahontas have Asian DNA
this may give their claim validity.

Louise Jones