VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2005

Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:36:27 -0500
I am going to jump into this conversation...............

For Valentines Day, many years ago, the local United Daughters of the
Confederacy (Fairfax VA) were selling  handmade "Sweetheart Pins."  My
husband purchased one for me and it included a button from a Tennessee
uniform and a small "First Official Flag."

I always wear it on Valentines Day and people always ask me what flag is
that............even though we lived in Virginia and now in Florida.  I am
always astonished that folks who are southerners have no idea of their real
history.

phebe morgan
sarasota, fla

p.s.  oops....  after writing this, I am sure there is going to be a group
out there that don't know what a sweetheart pin is..........