VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2009

From:
Janice Friel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:11:57 EDT
Bill

I have seen that Ambrose Smith and also wondered. My Ambrose son of Edward
& Mary Smith was born 1720 and died 1770 Orange Co., Va. He married Ann,
but  no maiden name. I got her name from the will. His two sons were John&
Edward.

There is a land record April 5, 1790, Spots. Co., Va.
Grantor
 50 acres whereas James Smith now lives.
Ambrose X Smith and Isabella Smith of Berkeley Par., Spots. Co. to our son,
 James Smith, of same par. and county. Deed of gift 50 acres whereas James
Smith  now lives. 6 Apr. 1790

Jan 18, 1797, Spots Co., Va.
Grantor
Negro Slave
jany 18, 1797. Ambrose X Smith of Spots. Co. to his children, James Smith,
Frances Luck, Isabella Smith, Eliz Smith, John Smith and George Smith "and
to  the children of my daughter Eleanor Mastin." Deed of Gift. Negro slave.
No  witnesses. April 4, 1797.
This land record was orginally published in "Virginia County records"
Spotsylvania County, 1721-1800. Vol. 1 by William Armstong Crozier.

Janice

In a message dated 6/18/2009 11:17:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,