VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:08:35 -0600
How kind, Erik: I am humbled.  Thank you.  I do hope this query by Janet is answered with some measure of evidence and citation, since the question is important to any serious researcher.  I have been wrong many times in life, and if I am again, I surely want to publicly admit of my error.

So, until shown otherwise, it remains my belief that if I die testate and leave any of my assets to "my surviving children", and if I have previously formally recognized a illegitimate child as my own, or some court has established my paternity, that child will be included within that category stated in my will - "my surviving children".  Paul