VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2011

From:
"Childs, Carl (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2011 19:17:24 -0400
Greetings all,

I would just add that as organizations develop collection development
policies, keep in mind that the Virginia Public Records Act (VPRA) vests
responsibility for the archival and records management function in the
Library of Virginia (LVA). As such, the Library of Virginia shall be the
official custodian and trustee for the Commonwealth of all original
public records of whatever kind. I've attached several handy links to
the VPRA which should be helpful in answering questions. I'd also be
glad to answer questions off-list if you'd like.

Best regards,

Carl

Carl Childs
Director, Local Records Services