VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2002

From:
Beth Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 20:32:31 +0000
Hi,
 I am curious about something. My 4th great-grandmother,
Elizabeth Walthall Poland McCune renounciated the
provisions made for her in her second husband Robert
McCune's will as follows:

I, Elizabeth C. McCune relict and widow of Robert McCune
decd. of the County of Amelia hereby relinquish and
renounce all and every of the provisions made for me by
the will of my late husband.
    Witness my hand and seal this 26th day of September
1855.

Also the executor named in the will declined to be
executor in court.

Why would these two things happen? I am particularly
interested in why she would so so. Thank you.

Beth