VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:02:22 -0400
DNA testing is so much fun.  But it is indeed sad to throw out 20
years of research and wonderful family stories that are suddenly "not
yours".  I have proved to myself beyond the shadow of a doubt that my
children do not connect to the Civil War soldier named Archy Moses
that I spent many hours "fleshing out" over the years.  I don't know
if I will ever solve the question of with which Scots-Irish man they
do connect, however, it is VERY evident that their ancestry is Scots-
Irish or Irish or Scots from the DNA results and that the surname is
NOT Moses.  I worried about sharing the results with my son, but he
said with all honesty that it was the first time I had ever told him a
genealogy story that he was really interested in.  I highly recommend
getting involved with the DNA testing that is out there for
reassurance that you are on the right trail or as in this case for
proof that you are looking in the wrong direction.  Marsha Moses