VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Shirley Madison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shirley Madison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:45:16 -0500
I am looking at the Port of Philadelphia.  Time frame.   1784-or earlier
I have followed the migration route and found no record of Alexander Colvin
in Va. Counties from Philadelphia, PA to Albemarle, VA.
Alexlander in Personal Tax List of 1789 – Goochland, VA.  Albemarle formed
in 1744 from Goochland
Owned land in Louisa Co., but no record of him living there.
He is in the 1810 Census in Albemarle, VA., Fredericksville Parrish  and
died in Albemarle 1816.
I had my library write the Library of Virginia for the book ‘Albemarle
County, Va. Court Papers 1744-1783' and they replied it was not loaned out.
Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Shirley Madison