VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2007

From:
Norma Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norma Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:30:41 -0400
1890 Bland County, Virginia property tax records  by Denise Smith.

Does this book list anything for  Benjamin Stuart Walker m. Elizabeth Steele?
We are searching for  our grandmother's parents and Benjamin Stuart Walker was her grandfather and we believe but can't document that her mother was Mary, child of Benjamin and Elizabeth's.  Mary's child would have been Effie Mae Walker b. 1885 in Tazewell, Mercer, Bluefield area.  She was in Rocky Gap and Tazewell from the age of 15. Before that no information.

Since there is no census records of this time frame we are having great difficulty proving her birth.  We have been trying to prove this for over 20 years.

Norma Kennedy
granddaugther of Effie Mae Walker