VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
Grace Upshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:38:51 -0500
I must second Bill's advice about DNA testing. I had my nephew DNA
tested. After being in a Hall program family and lots of 12 and 37
marker matches with no recent connections, a new family entry solved my
30 or more years search. Although I was 90% sure my ancestor originated
in Gloucester Co., Va., the new entry proved it and connected me to the
original immigrant from England. I still have gaps in the line, but I
now know about Thomas Hall and that completes my search. Now I just idly
look at lists, not seriously. The days of haunting the library are over.