VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:10:35 -0400
Katie,

Life is busy for me now but I live not far from the Kirn and have plans to visit the new location sometime in the future. In the mean time here's a link for the Norfolk and Portsmouth City directories from 1866-1931. Also included in them are South Norfolk listings, which is now a part of the City of Chesapeake. They are searchable using Adobe. There were 9 hits for TARRALL in the 1919 directory, the only lady listed was a Miss Thelma for that year.  Have fun searching the rest and I hope you get a hit for your Rachel TARRALL.
http://www.npl.lib.va.us/SMRT/city_directories.html

Good Luck !!
Vicki Ford
SoNo, Chesapeake, VA