VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2004

From:
tammie mcgee-agnor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:05:38 -0700
Hello
I would like to thank everyone who responded to mu query about obtaing a death record for my grandmother. I received several great ideas, one of which was searching for a delayed birth record (1897) that would have been required to obtain a SS#. I am going to request an ILL for the marriage indexes, also I am going to Re-apply for the death record and further explain that I am the surviving next of kin, as my father is deceased and no one else is living who will seek the document from that generation. Also I will request a non-certified copy. Over and above, I will not give up! Thanks again to all who gave such great advice!
Tammie