VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2003

From:
paul drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
paul drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:42:10 -0500
Ms. Sharon:  A minister friend here once said to our congregation that - fortunately and to his credit - he had finally come to realize that no matter how he might try he could not preach the whole Bible nor convert every heathen every Sunday.

So too with you; you can not search the whole library or your whole family at any single visit.  Effective library work is done before you ever leave the house for the trip.  Thus, if you are to accomplish the most with your available time, make a written list of TEN (10) - NO MORE than that - precise and specific questions that you hope to answer.

Tackle those and nothing more.  You will be extraordinarily fortunate if you succeed in answering even half of that number.  Require of yourself that you NOT digress, and when you return to your home you will have put to rest at least that series of your own queries.  Have fun.  Paul