VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:04:33 EDT
I don't understand why people don't realize that there are 50 states that
make up our country.... Without any one of these states our country would not be
the country it is...Each state has it's own history, customs and cultures
which they have the right to be proud of....Having researched my roots for the
past 20 something years I know that WVA had it's place in the history of our
country.... Many early settlers of other states were in WVA first...Frankly, I
find the landscape of WVA just breath taking in places and the people there
wonderful.....

Remember the old saying what is someone's trash is truly another's
treasure... Each of us have a state we claim loyality to, so I think we need to remember
that.....If all of us had decided to live in the same state not only would it
be overcrowed but much of our country might still be frontierland LOL......

I think we all might benefit by reading the histories of all states as they
all have a place in the development of our country.....

Regards,
Pat Zielinski