VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2007

Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:12:08 -0500
Thank you Erin for having something nice to say and I will second it in that I've also enjoyed working with many of the fine people on this list and have been blessed by their help.

I'm sorry that 'Elvis had to leave the building' but I can understand his frustration too. I started my quest into genealogy in July of 2005 and shortly after joined this group hoping that it would help me to learn the ropes. When I joined I thought that maybe I had made a mistake because I had stepped into a firestorm of this same topic. I was patient and the controversy finally died down.

Now it's back with the 'he said' - 'she said' debate. I'm not interested in opinions or debating any facts as they stand. I haven't gone to any of the links that people provided and I'm not going to read any of the books that they recommended however I did go to Yahoo groups to see if there was a Jefferson/Hemings group and there is not.  I think it would be nice if someone among all the people interested in this particular debate would start a group where BOTH sides can hash it out. The link can be provided here so that all interested could join or visit.

To all those who are new to this group. Please don't leave the building, as things will improve. History repeats itself again.