VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2005

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:41:20 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2005 6:35:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
In honor of Black History Month 2005, the Family History Centers of Central
Virginia are pleased to offer two special community seminars that detail the
history of the Freedmen?s Bureau and Freedman?s Bank and their application
to genealogical research.
Thank you. This is interesting for my great grandmother, Caroline Matilda
Clapp Alvord, from Greenfield, MA was a "Freedman's" teacher in Fairfax County in
1865. On the flip side, my immigrnat ancestor signed the "Freeman's" Oath in
Roxbury in 1634, of which I have a copy.
es .