VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2002

From:
"Roger L. Goodman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger L. Goodman
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 08:04:51 -0400
Greetings, all.

        I am posting to let you know what I have heard regarding the taking of
cemetery photos tomorrow.

        So far, I have not received any commitments to take any photos at all
(other than my own commitment to take the North Garden cemetery, and
possibly the Scottsville cemetery).

        I received several emails from people outside the state, who think it's a
great idea, and are hoping people will take photos of the cemeteries they
are interested in.

        The webpage that I was thinking of when I wrote the last message, is at:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/va/vastones.htm
and Bob Card is the caretaker there.

Some ideas for you, if you decide to take some photos:

Bob Card ([log in to unmask]) can use the photos in nearly any
resolution, but will convert them to something approaching VGA resolution
(640x480), so if your camera will take something near that to start with,
then he won't have to convert them.

Bob accepts from 1 photo per cemetery, to thousands, so if you only take a
picture of "your" ancestor, you can submit it.  For larger groups of
photos, you may want to burn a CDROM and mail it to him, rather than send
it via email, but talk to Bob and work something out.

Be sure to take some sunblock if you plan to spend much time taking
photos.  And take plenty of water to drink.

Good luck in your research.   Roger