VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:29:07 -0400
Dear Mr. Spradlin -

I just found your Henning's Statues online:
http://vagenweb.org/hening/index.htm
What an incredible effort! Perhaps you have posted this before BUT - would
you mind describing your technique?

I was wondering if you might use a voice recorder as you read the statue
which then  transcribes into a Word document?
I was trying to think of a technique for automating your effort. I ask
because I do a small amount of "transcribing"
of county court records for my website and it is tedious work!

How many years did it take you to transcribe Henning's?  Thank you for all
that you have done.

William Milam

www.milaminvirginia.com