VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:26:48 EDT
My oldest documented ancestor (born 1774) may have fathered a child before
he married his wife.
There are court records indicating that a father paid a fine on behalf  of
his son for fathering a child out of wedlock.  The name of the  father and son
(Sr. and Jr.) were the same as my ancestor, and in the same  county.  Only a
few months following the court case,  my ancestor got  married (not the same
girl who gave birth).

This may be a coincidence of same name as I have not been able to document
the name of my ancestor's parents.

I often wonder what happened to the child.  What surname did he or  she use?
If some of the child's ancestors happened to have  DNA testing done today,
they would wonder why the WILSON surname pops up in  their lineage.

Larry

In a message dated 7/19/2008 12:15:16 A.M. Central Daylight Time,