VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:30:11 -0700
A genealogical research service has sent me a page from a microfilm
entitled "Marriage Bonds, 1772-1850, Shenandoah County (Virginia)" (FHL
microfilm 33930).  Notwithstanding the title, these are actually typed
abstracts of marriage bonds, rather than copies of the bonds
themselves.  Can anyone tell me whether the original marriage bonds and
consent notes for Shenandoah County still exist?  If so, where can they
be seen?

Thank you.

Scott