VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:41:08 -0500
My great grandfather, from Powhatan County, was listed in childhood
records as Thomas C. Fowler. Once he joined the Confederate Army [I
believe he was 17] and forever after, he was Clifford T. Fowler. I've
had problems with several ancestors who are listed only with middle
initial, not middle name, and I suppose, based on the handwriting,
the middle initial is listed as different in several sources. It's
proving impossible [so far] to find the entire middle name spelled
out, which would solve the problem.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone