VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2003

Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:47:33 -0400
Does anyone know of or related to the following family?

Robert Hardy b. 1810 Lunenburg Co., VA married Mary Marable.

Their son, John Edward Hardy, born 1832 in Chase City     married Martha Eugenia Oliver on 18 Feb 1858.  She was born ca 1840.  They both died within a few weeks of each other in 1872, leaving five young children.  One was my grandfather, James Robert Hardy, age 4, b. 23 Mar 1868, who was the youngest.  It was my understanding from hearing family members speak about him as being raised by his mother's brother & wife, Dr. Jack Oliver and his wife, Susan Saunders Oliver.

The other four children were:
Sarah A. Hardy b. ca 1860
Julia Early Hardy b. ca 1862
William E. Hardy b. ca 1864
Henry A. Hardy b. ca 1866

I have found that Julia Early Hardy Boileau and Henry Hardy are buried in the Westview Cemetery in Farmville, VA in the 'Boileau Family Plat'.

My grandfather, James Robert Hardy is buried in the Hardy Plat #149 Westview Cemetery in Farmville, VA.  So is his wife, Mary Ella Crenshaw Hardy and two of their sons.

I haven't found any trace of what happened to William E. Hardy.  I know that Sarah Hardy married a Warwick and had a son named Fred.  I believe they lived in PA.

If anyone has any info on this family, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks in advance.

Lila

--
Researching:  CRENSHAW*DOLINGER*EPPS*HARDY*PENNINGTON*SEXTON*SMALLMAN*SULLIVAN
Website:  http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dolinger