VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2010

From:
James Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:15:01 -0400
Poldi
Paul actually has published two books but they are entitled "What did they
mean by that" and the second book is a follow-on.  These are many terms that
were used and are no longer familiar to most of us.
For Legal Terms Barbara V-L has given us one reference site but if you go to
Google Books and put in Black's Law Dictionary you will come up with a
number of them that you can download free. You don't want anything newer
than about the 4th edition--Black's is still being published and the last
one I saw was the 9th.  I also purchased a paper copy--4th edition--at a
very reasonable  price.

Douglas Burnett
Satellite Beach
FL