VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:19:27 -0500
Murphey,

This is a long shot, but there was a Phillips family in Charles City Co., VA
(CCCo) in the 1600s-1700s.  One of the women in that family named Mary
"Maza" Phillips married a David Davidson (married early-1790s, as I recall),
and one of the men in that family named William Phillips married David's
apparent relative Elizabeth Davidson (married 1784).   I don't know what
happened to William and Elizabeth (Davidson) Phillips, but David and Maza
(Phillips) Davidson ended-up in the Halifax/Pittsylvania Co., VA area after
the Rev. War.  Perhaps some other members of that same overall Phillips
family also left CCCo and went to that area.

I just did an internet search, and I found a Phillips DNA testing website.
One of the  identified groups/families that have some participating donors
trace back to a Phillips patriarch (born 1600s) who was in CCCo.  Perhaps
you could contact that website to see if anyone has any record of some of
the men in that family migrating to the Pittsylvanai Co., VA area.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/p/phillips/

Bill Davidson