VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:03:22 -0400
I, too, agree that the remark about West Virginia being no loss to
Virginia was inappropriate; so, too, were a couple of the more intense
reactions. Let's please keep focused on our business.

The discussion about web sites and ethics in using research that other
people have done is very interesting, by the way, and it may alert folks
who haven't thought about it recently to the perils of publication on
the Internet as well as the ethics of giving credit where credit is
rightly due for materials published in traditional formats.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us