VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2010

From:
Steve Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:10:58 -0400
Katie, I have lived in Norfolk almost all my life.  I have never heard of
Bank, Virginia, but we do have a Bank Street in Norfolk.  Is 1885 his death
year, because I found the following:

One Joshua D. Reed, Civil War, Norfolk, VA, enlisted 19 Apr 1861, Norfolk,
mustered out 7 Mar 1862 Norfolk, VA, Co. H 12th VA Inf. Reg.

Another says he enlisted 19 Apr 1861 Norfolk County, Ferguson's Co., 6th
Inf. Reg.

Joshua David Reed was born 16 Oct 1882 and is 35 years of age, on 12 Sep
1918 he lived at 523 River Ave., Norfolk VA, he worked as a brickyard
superintendent at E.W. Face & Son, West Olney Rd., nearest relative was
Francis Rozelia[sp] Reed at the same address as his.  He was of medium
height slender build brown eyes and dark complexion.  [Source WWI Draft
Registration Card, 1917-1918.

Steve Stevens