VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
Sam Lantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:43:12 -0400
Donald:

I understand the budgetary restraints but I find that you have to start with
the first step.  As for the privacy issues, The WV site limits birth records to 75
years prior to the present year, death and marriage records appear to be
limited to 40 years prior to the present year.  The records given are actual
images and are FREE.  The link to see how this works is:
http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx  It is unbelievable how much
information is contained in some of the actual death and marriage records.

I haven't found any such images on the LVA site.  Maybe I am looking in the
wrong place or just to dense.  I tried the link given by Tim but was not able to
make it work.