VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2002

From:
Wayne Stith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Stith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 19:44:52 -0400
Someone recently brought up the subject of photographing cemeteries.  I
would like to mention the GHOTES Virtual Cemetery Project of which I am the
coordinator.

The site can be reached at:
http://www.esva.net/ghotes/index.htm

We are attempting to photograph all grave sites on the Eastern Shore of
Virginia (Accomack and Northampton Counties), and we have upwards of 8000
graves already photographed and online.  We would welcome any photographs
that list members might take of graves in these counties.  We are not able
to post photos of cemeteries not in the two counties mentioned, although we
could make an exception for cemeteries that almost stride the Maryland
border.

"GHOTES" stands for Genealogy and History of the Eastern Shore.  Please
check out the site and see how a cemetery project can be set up.  We are, of
course, always open to suggestions.

Wayne Stith