VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:19:41 -0600
To add to Langdon's most appropriate comments, keep in mind that if the land your ancestor lived on in 1763 happened to be in that area of Augusta that one day years later became Kentucky Co, then your man and his family may have never moved, yet appear in those several counties in succession as the new counties were formed.

Those 'genesis of counties' problems can be difficult at best, and mind-boggling at worst.  I note on the back of the family unit chart the genesis of the home county of every member of the family researched.  To do so will save MANY look-ups if your memory is a poor as is mine.  Paul