VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2009

Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:25:23 EDT

Sargeant Memorial Room - Main  Library
235 East Plume Street
Norfolk, Virginia  23510
(757)664-7485
email:  [log in to unmask]
    SEARCH:
    *   _NPL Catalog_
(http://webpac.npl.lib.va.us/web2/tramp2.exe/log_in?setting_key=english)
    *   _Ancestry.com_ (http://www.ancestrylibrary.com/)
Available Only Inside NPL

_Local Newspaper_
(http://www.npl.lib.va.us/protected/newsbank/newsbank_first.html)
Virginian Pilot
_HeritageQuest Online_
(http://www.npl.lib.va.us/reference/HeritageQuest/HeritageQuest.html)
_Sanborn  Maps -  Virginia_ (http://sanborn.umi.com/)

In a message dated 7/10/2009 8:21:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I am  trying a different angle on this brickwall of mine, Nicholas TARRALL.
 I  know that a descendant of his (as I am) may have her own descendants
who are  doing research on this line.

Rachel Tarrall of Norfolk, now  deceased, was a 1924 graduate of William &
Mary; she married E. C. Wood  and they settled in White Plains, NY on
Martine Avenue.  She graduated  high school in 1921, I can only imagine in the
City of Norfolk but do not know  which one.

Would any of you have access to the high school year  book collection at
Kirn (if it is even still open) or have access to marriages  in the 1924 and
later period?  I am hoping somewhere along the line I can  locate children.
I cannot access White Plains obituaries but as she was  from Norfolk, I
suppose she may have been in a Norfolk paper as well.   William & Mary does not
have an open alum magazine that lists  obituaries.

Katie Holland
Silver  Spring

To subscribe,  change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
at

**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.