VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2006

From:
JoAnn Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JoAnn Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 11:18:30 -0700
Woodman of the world is actually an insurance company. My husbands great great
grandfather a woodman headstone. I actually ran across one in  small cemetary
in rural TN that was about 8' tall instead of the normal 3'.
Here are a couple of links that might help.

http://www.woodmen.org/

http://www.interment.net/wow/index.htm

JoAnn

--- Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My wife, and her parents before, her were active members of IORM. It was and
> is QUITE popular in E. Central.  If anyone would like to see on of their very
> nice, EARLY medallions.  Contact me privately, and I will send a pic.
>
> Paul

JoAnn Arnold
IBSSG
Bernelle,Arnold,Cullen,Locke,Weber,Wilburn,Wioland,Kaelin