VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:20:42 EST
I would be so very happy to donate heavily to the Library of VA if they
didn't keep their documents so close to the vest.  Some of us cannot travel  to VA
to research, besides it has been my experience that as soon as I find  those
golden nuggets of data, then I go home and realize where I need to look  next,
and an immediate return trip would be necessary.

This subject has come up before and I think that most of us would pay to  get
all the VA documents onto microfilm so that we could rent them by Inter
Library Loan. If VA will not or cannot afford to microfilm their documents then
why don't they let the LDS do it.  Every other state, county in the Union  has.
 My research has been stymied ever since I finished finding the  documents in
NC, SC, TN (on Microfilm) and got my lines back to VA where  there is nothing
available. I am aware that much has been lost, but there is a  chance that
more is being lost daily as researchers go to VA and handled those  delicate
records.

Julia French Wood

In a message dated 11/14/2004 7:29:41 AM Central Standard Time,