VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:30:22 -0500
So too with many, if not most, writings used by researchers.  We and all
before us did commit errors.  Some questions can never be answered.  At Old
Mission Cemetery at Upper Sandusky, OH there is a headstone that gives as a
death date, February 31, 1838

Subject: Re: evidence BIRTH CERTIFICATE
> .  Once upon a time I
> thought if only I could find the tombstone, until I discovered the
> engravers sometimes knew less than we do.

That's not all.  Many time it is some years before the tombstones are put up
so that the people who put them up don't have the correct information to put
on the tombstones.  Nope, just because it is cast in stone doesn't make it
so.

Jno