VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2009

From:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:27:14 -0700
I certainly agree with Brent--having researched almost all those WV counties, often in the colonial period, looking for "lost souls" from Virginia, Pennsylvania and even Maryland esp. in Berkley and Frederick), I have found them very important links in the western migrations of our ancestors.

In fact, right now I'm working records in Monongalia WV and Greenbrier WV--the first for a Pennsylvanian who strayed across the state line by about 7 miles, the second for a Virginian who should be showing up in Augusta/Botetourt records--and isn't.  When in doubt, look in West Virginia!

Karen Dale