VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2011

From:
"Carole D. Bryant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 08:41:43 -0400
I don't believe I gave a name. Basically, it was a general question. I was
hoping the answer would, not only help with a specific case, but also be of
help  in the future.

This is in Halifax County. I have a copy of a receipt indicating that
Robert M. Ferrell paid levies for the year 1817. I was trying to determine if
this definitely that meant he was 21 or over, or if it only meant that  he
was 16 or over.

Thanks !
    Carole

In a message dated 6/9/2011 8:35:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,