VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2004

Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:18:03 EST
In a message dated 3/17/2004 12:09:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
When searching for ancestors who served in the Civil War, it's important to
know what unit they might have served in. Genealogical information is actually
irrelevant unless you happen to find someone who is related.
 Bill Cross:

Thank you for replying to my query. I have already searched the muster rolls
of the 30th VA Battalion VA Sharpshooters, the 22nd VA Infantry and some rogue
outfits, that were from the area where I believe he lived. I must
respectively disagree with your last sentence. Geneological information is most
important. Many times the name of family members appear on Penison papers.

Sincerely,

Mike Peters