VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:03:51 EDT
I"m not sure about the 'patterns' per se......but I do know that the Virginia
BAKER family I am researching back into the 1600's was Samuel, then
Bartholomew, then Samuel, then Bartholomew until finally there was a break in
the line about 1820's.  Bartholomew was still used....but the line I'm
working on didn't carry that name. To make matters worse on my husband's
paternal side.......his grandmother line was MIXER from the Mass.
area......some how he inherited 6 generations of Joseph MIXER!  Now with
families being large and all......what would you think of the odds of a line
coming down with one line of 6 generations of Joseph....considering "Joseph"
could be placed with any of the men born during any of those 6 different
families? It has made documentation very difficult and confusing.........and
of course in naming our own children I followed tradition and my son is a
fourth generation Roland and all middle names are either  a C or a G
depending upon the sequence.  The next BAKER boy should be a Roland with a
"G".  In my own way I've already made life difficult for some future
genealogist....... {:>(    Sharyn Baker