VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2010

From:
"Childs, Carl (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:38:00 -0500
As referenced below, divorce proceedings were often heard in the
chancery court. The Library of Virginia is continually adding indexes
and images for chancery records to their Chancery records index (CRI).
Some of the records have been scanned, some microfilmed, and some are
available only in original format. I believe the original question
referenced Alexandria and/or Fairfax - chancery records for both those
localities have been indexed and scanned and are available for research.
See the below link for background on the records and the project. Please
take note that some of the images may be available intermittently for
the next several days due to a power outage at the LVA last week. We
hope this issue will be resolved quickly.

Carl

http://www.virginiamemory.com/collections/chancery/

Carl Childs
Director, Local Records Services