VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Marie McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:21:19 -0500
I am trying to narrow down the Watkins lineage. My gggg-grandparents were
Charles Mckinney and Susannah Watkins of Charlotte Co Va. Charles was born
in 1754 and Susannah in 1764. I have found the following paragraphs in
reference to the above:

"Charles Mckinney married Miss Watkins, sister of Phillip Watkins,whose
son, William Watkins, is now on the plantation which has been in the
Watkins family since granted them by the Crown of England for services
rendered. The Mckinney family originally came from England".
(Kentucky Biographies 1896)

"The Watkins family is one of three families in the United States who
received the title to their land from King George, it having descended
from the oldest son in each family. They originally came from England".
(Kentucky Biographies 1896)

Can anybody verify this Watkins line ?

Marie