VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2005

Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 00:56:41 EST
Hello everyone,
     I am hoping you can help recommend a book or two about the civil war. In
particular, I would like to know the details about the men who served in the
41st Va regiment (copanies F, G, and H) and the 12th regiment Company D
     I have found two books (one by Fortier, and another by John Porter)  The
book by Portier seems to corroberate my ancestors war record while the book
by Porter seems to conflict with it. (He says that Tim Gilbert was captured at
Yellow Tavern, when his war records says he was in Elmira Prison camp at the
time)
     I would appreciate any books you can recommend. Thanks Debbie