VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2016

Date:
Mon, 30 May 2016 17:16:05 -0400
Since I had ancestors in early Bedford County, I have been wading through
the boxes of Bedford County "Court Judgments" which are original records
kept at the Library of Virginia Records Center. In Box 18 (1764) I found a
court case in which a John Greer sued William Boner for payment for the
services which Greer had provided him, like: "mending a Pair of Shoos and
finding Lether, one Pair of Mockensons, one Pair of Turned Pumps, one Pair
of fine Yarn Stockens, etc." Greer also hired out horses.

I thought that the Greer family would like to know that a John Greer was a
Cobbler in Bedford County and to view one of his account statements with his
signature. You may view it at this link:

http://www.milaminvirginia.com/X-Docs/Bed_Jud_B18_J_Greer_1764.html

There have a been issues with the VA Roots mail server correctly
transmitting internet links. If the link won't open for you, copy and paste
the entire link - including any letters dropped to the line below - into
your browser's address window. The link should end with " .html "

Best regards,,,

William Milam, MD
www.milaminvirginia.com