VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2001

Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:55:27 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/01 12:02:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< the use of the name Nancy alone (as a baptismal name) dates considerably
 later than your relative.>>

Not to start a whole new thread, but I don't know what you mean considerably
later (than someone being mar. in 1774) but I have several examples in my
line of folks born 1750-1800 in which there is nothing in the records to
suggest that their name was anything other than Nancy.
There were plenty of folks back then that didn't follow the rules of the
naming game.
But the point about being diligent when the names Ann and Nancy show up is
good advice.

Jim