VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2003

From:
westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:38:14 -0500
Ca Ira (with a little tail under the "C"), "it will be" was an anthem of the
first French Revolution, principally during the Terror.  The song describes
how things will change with the rise of the people and what will be in the
future.  Perhaps the founders of the Cunmberland town took the name as a
promise to the future (I'd hate to think they meant it as a future threat to
"aristocrats").

Kathy Liston