VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2013

From:
Margie Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 19:05:38 -0500
thank you, I 'll your suggestion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Spradling
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 10:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VA-ROOTS] Then and Now 1736 to 2013 Horse Pen Branch in Amelia
County VA

I'd call The Library of VA in Richmond (the VA State Archives) and check
the map section

In a message dated 1/7/2013 8:47:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I know  land does not move, so how could I identify 100 acres in Amelia
County on  Horse Pen Branch if I went to Amelia County today.I am trying to
find if there  are any old graves or cemeteries on this 100 acres.  I found
land deeds  for the same 100 acres dated as follows until the sheriff sale.

1736  from William Pride to Richard Wells
1740 from Richard Wells to Richard  Purkett
1740 from Richard Puckett to William Pride
1777 from Thomas  Hobby Puckett to Anthony Lamb
1794 Anthony Lamb to John Archer
1800 John  Archer then land was sold at Sheriff Sale

Thank  you,
Margie

To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see  the instructions
at