VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2009

From:
Roy Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:50:51 -0500
Thanks for the very informative message regarding Confederate Court
Marshal records and th obscure workings of NARA.  Do you have any
similar information regarding Revolutionary War Court Marshal records?
A 4th ggfather was court marshaled and cashiered from the Continental
Army after some fairly distinguished service; militia Capt. 1775 to Lt.
Col. 1777.  I have his service record and muster roll images from
Footnote.com but have no clue where to look for the actual court marshal
records or if they ever still exist.

Thanks in advance.

Roy Tucker
Richmond, VA