VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2005

From:
Sharon Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:45:44 EDT
There is microfilm of the "Western Christian Advocate" at the Allentown
Library.  This publication has obituaries and other information regarding  the
Methodist Episcopal churches, their pastors, etc.  It is my  understanding that
early on the M E. area was divided into sections, western,  etc., hence the
name "Western Christian" My apologies for the skimpy information  however, I was
able to find an obit which was extremely informative.
Sharon Leonard